1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Medium Butternut Squash
3 Large Carrots
1 Small Yellow Onion
2 Cloves Chopped Garlic
2-3 Cups Choice of liquid – vegetable broth, bone broth, chicken broth
1. Preheat oven 375. Microwave butternut squash for 1 minute to help soften. Slice in half lengthwise, puncture holes with fork. Scoop out seeds and pulp. Brush with olive oil and place on cooking dish face down.
2. Peel and slice carrots (in about thirds) and place on cookie sheet. Cut up onion into larger chunks and place on sheet too. Brush with olive oil. Place in oven (about 45 min or until squash it fork tender)
3. Separately, place red bell pepper on cookie sheet with foil or unbleached parchment paper – place in oven at 400 (375 ok if cooking at same time, may take a couple minutes longer) and bake for 15-20 minutes.
4. When removing squash and pepper set out and let cool enough to peel off skin. Cut into large piece.
5. Slowly add chunks of veggies into blender to puree. Do in small batches of 2-3 until it is completely blended.
6. While blending veggies you can add up to 1cup of broth to help blend.
7. In large pot, melt 2 Tbsp butter, add in chopped garlic. Simmer 2 minutes and then add 1 cup broth.
7. Bring broth to boil and slowly add in blended veggies, mix well. You can opt to add more broth or keep thicker. Warm thoroughly and serve over noodles & mix in fresh spinach.
Additionally you can serve as a soup – thicken or thin as desired, top with roasted chickpeas, sour cream and bacon crumbles. You can also top chicken with sauce and use it in so many ways. Enjoy!